Gemini is a cryptocurrency exchange located in the United States. They allow deposits of cryptocurrency and cash, so this is an on-ramp to the crypto world. This guide covers making a Gemini deposit for both cryptocurrency and cash.
For more cryptocurrency exchange guides check out the exchanges page!
Steps to make a Gemini deposit
1. Go to the Gemini website and login
2. Go to the “Transfer Funds” tab and then hover over “Deposit Into Exchange”
Now you have 4 options for making a Gemini deposit. The options are USD (Bank Transfer), USD (Wire Transfer), BTC, and ETH.
USD (Bank Transfer)
1. Click on the “USD (Bank Transfer)” option
2. Choose your “Funding Source” (1), enter the “Deposit Amount” (2), and click “Review Deposit” (3)
3. Double check the details Gemini provides and click “Confirm”
USD (Wire Transfer)
1. Click on the “USD (Wire Transfer)” option
2. Choose your “Funding Source” (1), enter the “Deposit Amount” (2), and click “Get Instructions” (3)
3. Double check the details Gemini provides and click “Next”
4. Use the information provided to send a wire from your bank to your Gemini account
In this example I am making a Gemini deposit of ETH. The steps are very similar for BTC and any other cryptocurrency they might add in the future though.
1. Click on the “ETH” option
2. Copy the wallet address located in the “Most Recent Deposit Address” field
The address you just copied is where you will be sending to from another exchange or wallet. For example, Coinbase asks for a recipient address when sending ETH. You would use this Gemini address as the recipient address. This would move your ETH from Coinbase to Gemini. Check out the wallets tutorial page and exchange tutorial page for guides on sending/withdrawing from various places.
Gemini has been around for a while and is a trusted exchange. The ability to send wires and deposit cash from a bank account is a great option. This makes Gemini one of the few “on-ramp” cryptocurrency exchanges. Once you make your Gemini deposit you can begin trading and moving crypto around!