NOTE:  You do not need to add a token to the NEON wallet before sending to your NEO wallet address.  Adding a token in the NEON wallet is simply for user interface purposes, as well as being able to then send it from your NEON wallet.

NEON Wallet and Custom Tokens

The NEO blockchain is starting to experience more ICOs, which means more tokens to put in your wallet.  This is similar to when Ethereum started to have a lot of ICOs and people needed to add a custom token to their MyEtherWallet wallet.  This guide covers adding a custom token to your NEON wallet in a few easy steps.  Check out this article if you need a NEON wallet!

YouTube version of this guide available here!

Adding a custom token to your NEON Wallet

1. Open the NEON wallet app and choose “Manage Neon Settings

NEON Wallet Main Screen with option to manage wallet settings

2. Click the “Manage Tokens” button

Click the Manage Tokens button to add a NEO Token

3. You will notice there are a few tokens already listed here.  The current ones are DBC, RPX, RHT, and QLC.  Click the “Add a new token” button

Manage token screen with default tokens listed. Need to click the Add new token button

4. Enter in the script hash for the token you want to add and click “Save”.

In this example, I wanted to add the Trinity token (TNC).  I went to the NEO Tracker Asset tab and found TNC to get the hash.  Here is the asset page of Trinity so you can see:  https://neotracker.io/asset/08e8c4400f1af2c20c28e0018f29535eb85d15b6 .  The script hash is 08e8c4400f1af2c20c28e0018f29535eb85d15b6 in case you want to follow along.

NEON Wallet script hash field to add new NEO token

Click save button after adding in the script hash

5. Now you can login to your NEON wallet and should see TNC listed (top screenshot).  Clicking on the ‘i’ will show you the token details (bottom screenshot)  Note that it can take a minute or 2 for the tokens to display.

Screen after unlocking wallet will display newly added token and balance

Trinity token details

Summary

Adding a custom token to the NEON wallet is a straightforward process.  A lot more ICOs are coming to the NEO blockchain, so you can expect to perform these steps more frequently.  Be sure to check back for guides on how to find the script hash for a token, as well as how to send tokens from your NEON wallet!  For more wallet guides, check out the wallet tutorial page!

28 Comments

1. Annie

HI there, I cannot see any tokens on the home page of my neon wallet even though I can see a bunch of them when i go to the manage neon wallet section. For example the hash for ONT is already there, so i dont need to copy and save. How do i see these tokens on the home page since i need to deposit some ONT from BINANCE to my NEON Wallet.
    Thanks in advance

Hello Annie,

What version of the NEON wallet are you using? I have noticed with the newest version (0.2.2) they will only display on the home page if there is a balance for those tokens. It is ok to deposit to your wallet even if the token symbol does not appear on the home page. The NEON wallet is really just an interface and your tokens are actually stored on the NEO blockchain itself. Assuming you are running the latest version, the token name won’t show on the home page until you transfer from Binance.

Hope that helps!

2. john wijnberg

How can one add another token to Neo Tacker wallet

Hey John,

Neo Tracker does not have that functionality built in, so they have to add them on their end. They have recently had some updates, so I believe most are showing now.

Thanks,
      Chris

3. Bruno

I have the same problem, I’ve had the wallet since version 0.0.9 (windows) and I followed the instructions to add TNC when I had version 0.1.1 but it still not showing any of the extra tokens on the wallet home, (Token and Balance section is blank) I have been opening the wallet daily, if I click to SEND then TNC is not an option but I can see it on my balance at the neon tracker website. I am currently on version 0.1.4. Should I uninstall and reinstall the wallet or is there another trick I can try? Thanks.

Hey Bruno,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would upgrade to the newest version (0.2.2) if you haven’t already. I have not had the disappearing issue anymore, so it seems to have been solved. I will note that it will not display a token name if your balance for that token is 0 though.

4. Graham

Hi, there is no ‘manage tokens’ button for me in my Neon wallet. I have version 0.0.7 for mac. Any suggestions?

Hi Graham,

The NEON wallet did not have support for custom tokens until version 0.1.0. Updating the wallet will be the only option to get them to display in the NEON wallet. Note that you can still send them to your NEO address, just won’t be able to see them in the user interface until the wallet is updated.

Thanks,
      Chris

5. Joey

Hi Guys, i’m having problems with withdrawal my RPX to an exchange. Everthing seems to be working fine, but if i click send assets neon saids confirm with tx and after that he gives my directly Transaction Failed.
    Tried all wallets before, have gas, etc etc but nobody seems to know what the problem might be.
    Hope somebody could help me please. Thanks.

Hi Joey,

Which exchange are you sending to and you are sending it to a wallet specified for RPX?

Also, is there any error message that pops up giving detail around why it failed?

I haven’t heard of this before, but am curious to find out what the issue is.

Thanks,
      Chris

6. Urk

Hey I did all this and I can no longer see any of the tokens in my neon wallet and the transaction from kucoin just pending
    ^^

Also no sign of the trinity when i look at my wallet adress with neotracker. So what do? Just chill?

Hey Urk,

The transaction will need to complete from KuCoin before appearing in your wallet. Once it completes I would check Neo Tracker for the balance. The Neon wallet bugs out sometimes with displaying the custom tokens, so it’s best to try refreshing the balance or re-starting the wallet app.

Thanks,
      Chris

• Studabaker

Hi Chris. Followed the guide and got the TNC to appear in my 0.1.2 wallet. So far have about 150 confirmations of my Kucoin transfer to Neon but not appearing in the balance. Unfortunately, this time I did not test the wallet out first so all my purchased tokens are locked away (I presume they are safely on the blockchain under my address). Is this a known issue and is there a remedy you are aware of?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Studabaker,

Just to confirm, the TNC is showing a 0 balance in your NEON wallet?

I would search for your wallet address on Neo Tracker and see what that shows for a balance. https://neotracker.io/

Let me know if they are showing on the Neo Tracker block explorer.

Thanks,
          Chris

• Studabaker

Hi Chris. Not on neotracker either. Kucoin said i will get in 3 days which should be today. So looks like the issue may lie with them. I also had a Kucoin issue with DENT but got my tokens the next day. This one appears harder to rectify

• Chris McCoy

Yep, the delay is definitely from the exchange, which is pretty common (unfortunately). Sucks that its taking that long, but glad to hear they aren’t lost or at a wrong NEO address!

• Elizabeth Hollands Kokkonen

I can’t send my Qlc out of Neon. I was able to send out my DBC moments ago. The issue is that the QLC token does not appear in the drop-down. I see the tokens but cannot send QLC out. I have done everything I can think of. delete wallet on both ledger and the computer. downgrade to an earlier version, upgrade to latest 1.2. Erase cookies and reboot the computer. I have left a comment on a reddit post but I am at a lost.

Hey Elizabeth,

Do the other tokens (besides NEO and GAS) appear in the drop-down list when sending? I know they just released a new version of the Neon Wallet (version 0.1.2), so that might be worth a shot if you have not tried already.

Thanks,
        Chris

• Jade

my transfer of tnc from kucoin took about 12 hours today, but it worked!!!

• Chris McCoy

It seems like they can take anywhere from a few minutes to a day. Glad it ended up working though!

7. Elias

HI,

I was able to add TNC in my wallet but when I want to sent it to an exchange, I am not able to select my TNC to send it. It doesn’t appeared.

Can you help me please?

Hi Elias,

When you login to your Neon wallet, make sure the tokens are displaying under the section with “Token” and “Balance”. Sometimes when I open the wallet this section is blank, and if I go to send, I only have options for NEO and GAS. Once the wallet refreshed itself, the tokens showed up under the “Token” and “Balance” section. Then I was able to select TNC, RPX, etc. from the drop down list in the send section.

The wallet seems to be buggy when it comes to showing tokens though. I have had tokens appear instantly when opening the wallet, and then a few seconds later the section is blank. You may have to restart the wallet app or try using the refresh button to get them to show up. Going to work on a guide for sending from Neo Tracker as well, which might be less buggy.

Thanks,
      Chris

8. jesse

Have you tried sending TNC to your wallet? I just tested sending some fro m KuCoin and I’m not receiving my tokens. I didn’t have any issues sending DBC in the past.

Hey Jesse,

I have not tried sending TNC to my wallet. I have noticed the token section is buggy though and will occasionally disappear and then re-appear. It will also load a couple at a time and slowly load in others. Check your wallet address on Neo Tracker (https://neotracker.io/). Neo Tracker should display all assets in your wallet without needing to go through any steps of adding a token.

Let me know if you see the balance on Neo Tracker or not.

Thanks,
      Chris

• Elias

HI,

I have the same problem, were you able to transfer it??

9. Jof

Thanks for this. I am new to Neon Wallet. I followed your instructions exactly and double checked I did, but under token balance table is just blank space where you have all the tokens and their amounts listed. Any ideas? Using Version0.1.1

Hey Jof,

Yeah, it seems to be a little delayed sometimes. I hit the refresh balance button and then they start to slowly load in. Other times when I re-login to the wallet they appear instantly.

I would try logging in again. Wait 1 or 2 minutes and then click the refresh button if they don’t appear. Give it another couple minutes and they should be there.

Let me know if they start showing up or not.

Thanks,
      Chris

• Jof

Thanks for the reply. Upon loading up the wallet this morning all the tokens are there, so all good. Thanks